Free Snails giveaway in NYC

You need it, you want to get rid of it or you have spotted a good deal and want others to know about it? Post about it here.
Forum rules
General Guidelines:
1. TPF Classifieds are intended primarily for advertisement of items related to fish and aquariums.
2. Include your location (City and State or Country) in your post or in your TPF user profile.
3. Posts may include links to commercial sites on the Internet or other commercial sources, but no spamming please :-)
4. No bootlegs, pirated games, spam or any other illegal or objectionable material.
5. Sellers are encouraged to include pictures of the products available for sale.
6. Sellers may "bump" their ad a maximum of three times.

Disclaimer:
- Sellers and buyers accept that this service is offered free of charge. TPF is in no way involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of product descriptions or other information posted in TPF Classifieds.

Posting Ads
To help identify what type of classified you are posting, please use the following labels in your post topic:

FS - For Sale ex. FS Dogface in South Carolina
WTB - Wanted To Buy ex. WTB GSP in London area
PALS - Puffer At Local Store ex. PALS Fahaka at PetCo in SanFrancisco
jongrover
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: I have 1 baby Tetraodon nigroviridis otherwise known as Green Spotted Puffer (GSP).
3/26/13 - I am slowly transitioning it from freshwater to brackish water.
Location (country): New York City, United States

Free Snails giveaway in NYC

Post by jongrover »

Hello do you live in NYC or close by and want to come pickup a ton of snails for feeding your puffer?

I have pond snails, rams horn snails, and malaysian trumpet snails. I was breeding them to feed to my puffer who passed away. Now I have like hundreds of hundreds of snails. All sizes: ultra tiny, tiny, small, medium, and large. probably like several generations now. They are kept in healthy cycled tank water with lots of plants to eat and fed pinches of ground fishfood flakes daily. This is perfect solution if you are someone wanting to breed your own snails for your puffer.

ALL FREE

I live in Ridgewood, Queens, New York, New York. Come pick them up I really have too many snails! :)
Jon,
Contact me if your interested.
Last edited by jongrover on Sun May 19, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arny
Mbu Puffer
Location (country): uk

Re: Free Snails giveaway in NYC

Post by Arny »

Hey jon this is a really kind thing youre doing. If i were you though i wouldnt have posted all your personal information.
sw10mm
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka
Location (country): United states

Post by sw10mm »

What personal info other than city? I think he's a great man for helping out other puffer lovers I live in Michigan so a bit of a drive
Arny
Mbu Puffer

Post by Arny »

sw10mm wrote:What personal info other than city? I think he's a great man for helping out other puffer lovers I live in Michigan so a bit of a drive
If you look at the times the posts were created youll see that he edited his post after i told him about the personal info.
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

Post by JRC3 »

sw10mm wrote:What personal info other than city? I think he's a great man for helping out other puffer lovers I live in Michigan so a bit of a drive
There was an edit and I'm guessing it was taken out. You can't be too safe on the webz.

I do agree that the offer is very generous. I think it would be neat to have some type of dedicated thread on fish websites for exchanging established filter media and obviously snails in fish website puffer sub-forums and dedicated puffer forums like this.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
sw10mm
Figure 8 Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka
Location (country): United states

Post by sw10mm »

Ahh now I see good looking out
jongrover
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: I have 1 baby Tetraodon nigroviridis otherwise known as Green Spotted Puffer (GSP).

Post by jongrover »

Still have them if anyone is interested.
Are live snails shippable?
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Post by bertie 83 »

They certainly are,
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly
cbr2586
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Porcupine Puffer
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): United States

Post by cbr2586 »

I'm in NC and If you'd be willing to ship a bunch I'd gladly pay for shipping through PayPal or something.
jongrover
Puffer Fry

Post by jongrover »

I can Ship to NC I'm not sure what the cost will be I'm guessing because they are alive it would have to be overnight or 2 day shipping? I have never shipped live things before if you have suggestions.
-Jon
purplecandle
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Currently
2 Adult Green Spotted Puffers
1 Fangs Puffer
1 Baby Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): USA (NC)

Post by purplecandle »

jongrover wrote:I can Ship to NC I'm not sure what the cost will be I'm guessing because they are alive it would have to be overnight or 2 day shipping? I have never shipped live things before if you have suggestions.
-Jon
Everytime I have had snails shipped, I never used overnight. They can last a few days (2-3 days) as long as they are packaged well. Usually shippers used breather bags and added java moss. I think I paid $12 for shipping. Ramshorns are surprisingly hardy.
Arny
Mbu Puffer

Post by Arny »

Maybe you could just put a load in a plastic bottle with a little bit of water and wrap them up.
cbr2586
Puffer Fry
My Puffers: Porcupine Puffer
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): United States

Post by cbr2586 »

I would gladly cover shipping costs, I am in desperate need of some snails.