New DP Gals Are Ready

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
JRC3
Fahaka Puffer
My Puffers: F8(55g)
F8 (46g)
4-DP(29g)
Location (country): U.S.

New DP Gals Are Ready

Post by JRC3 »

I have a Petsland north of town and whenever I'm up that way I always stop in to check things out. Well they had DPs for the first time I've seen and they were older and able to sex. Of course they were in the row of tanks on the floor but I studied them for like 25 minutes. The first 2 in the speciman container went back in the tank because I wasn't sure enough they were females. They were pricey at $15 for 2 with the club discount but I figured if I can sex them then they were worth it. See, I have two males and a female in a 29g and my young male is growing up and though he stays in his place when the old male tells him to, I see conflict on the horizon.

Anyway today is the day the gals left their 10g QT where they have been treated with Prazipro, poop observed over and over, and they are so clean and healthy looking. After removing then and while I had them in the specimen container, I checked their eyes for wrinkles and their markings with jeweler's loops and I am 100% sure these are both females.

Sorry for the crappy pics but I've misplaced my camera and this is from my old phone.

After I fed the 3 old DPs, did a WC and moved some decor around in their 29g, I let the girls hang in the container for an hour or so for a meet and great before I let them loose.

A couple hours after release everyone is out mingling and so far so good.
There are many knowledgeable fish keepers on this forum willing to help and give great advice...The advice is free; What you choose to do with it gives it value.
bertie 83
My Puffers: lineatus R.I.P, South American puffer. Valentini puffer, porcupine puffer.
Non puffer
Danios, Tetras, Redtail Rasporas,
Harlequins, CAE's, Yoyo
Loaches, Clown loaches ,Eels, various shrimp, tangs,wrasses, damsels, chromis
Location (country): Brighton, England

Re: New DP Gals Are Ready

Post by bertie 83 »

Healthy looking dps, congrats on your new additions.
It's amazing how easy maintenance is. If done regularly and thoroughly