Tanks and snail breeding updates

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
DGabbs
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Tanks and snail breeding updates

Post by DGabbs »

Hi,

image 1: My 25 gallon brackish tank (cycling fishless) Enjoying perfectly crystal clear water with my AC50. Water parameters pH is around 8.2-8.4 which should be good for my future F8 puffer.

image 2-3: Snail breeding tank. My favourite LFS gave me 8 of their nuisance snails for free. I have a tetra 20 filter with an air bubble stone in a glass jar underwater. The white thing in the middle is one of those calcium pellets the slowly release into the water to harden snails shells. I have a little tooth pick elastic banded onto a rock that holds carrots and cucumbers in the tank for the snails to eat. I have has the breeding snails in the tank for a week and already see tons of snail eggs all over the walls! I will keep the 8 large snails for breeding and feed the puffer the baby snails.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.oOo.oOo.
J-P
Former Staff Member
Location (country): Japan

Re: Tanks and snail breeding updates

Post by J-P »

nicely done :)
if you follow me, you avoid stepping in the crap that I just did...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZR55G ... pqlgec1A2Q
DGabbs
Figure 8 Puffer
Location (country): Canada

Re: Tanks and snail breeding updates

Post by DGabbs »

Thanks, I may get a 5-10 gallon glass tank and breed snails and cherry shrimp in it.

DO you think that cherry shrimp would have any positive effect on puffer teeth wear? (figure 8 )

Thanks
.oOo.oOo.