Obi the Valentini

Share your puffer photos and videos with the world!
Forum rules
Showing off your puffer pals? Why not enter your photos into our Puffer of the Month contest?

Every month The Puffer Forum holds a photo contest featuring the puffers, burrfish, boxfish, tobies and other puffer family members photographed by members of this site. At the end of the year, the monthly winners will be entered into a Puffer of the Year contest! The POTY winner not only gets supreme bragging rights but also wins a $25 gift certificate to The Puffer Store.

Click HERE to learn how to join in this fun competition!
jdak
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Stars & stripes
Location (country): USA

Re: Obi the Valentini

Post by jdak »

JoseDepacos wrote:Valentini is next on my list. I'm giving up my F8's to have one. He better be worth it. :tongue:
:tuttut:
Check out my puffer, video, and tanks @ jdak.net.
46g reef
150g FO
JoseDepacos
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Valentini- Ripley

Post by JoseDepacos »

jdak wrote:
JoseDepacos wrote:Valentini is next on my list. I'm giving up my F8's to have one. He better be worth it. :tongue:
They're going to a puffer owner with a couple gsp's and a second and much larger tank than the one they're currently in. Its well established and has been waiting some time for a couple F8's. I wouldnt trust them to just anyone. Besides, once seduced by the dark side :evil: (marine tanks) theres no turning back. Arent marine all you own? Yeah, I thought so. :grin3:
jdak
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Stars & stripes

Post by jdak »

JoseDepacos wrote:
jdak wrote:
They're going to a puffer owner with a couple gsp's and a second and much larger tank than the one they're currently in. Its well established and has been waiting some time for a couple F8's. I wouldnt trust them to just anyone. Besides, once seduced by the dark side :evil: (marine tanks) theres no turning back. Arent marine all you own? Yeah, I thought so. :grin3:
Sorry, i was just messing around. I just couldn't trade in a fish. I've tried... it was a damsel and i still couldn't part with it. I'm just too emotional:) The dark side. lol... My tanks are actually quite bright.
Check out my puffer, video, and tanks @ jdak.net.
46g reef
150g FO
JoseDepacos
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: Valentini- Ripley

Post by JoseDepacos »

No, its all good. I actually feel very odd about doing it. But they're going to a good home and I'm looking forward to making this tank a fowlr. If I had the place to put one and the extra cash to start from scratch, I'd buy another tank in an instant.
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
My Puffers: .
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's
Location (country): Holland

Post by KorrepZ »

anybody for some seaweed? lol.....

it began with one little leaf that came out of the live rock i bought.... and look now after 3 months :lol:

(and some new Obi pics! yay!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

Lil' Swimz$
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Lorteti - Peaches

Post by Lil' Swimz$ »

Wow, that seaweed's pretty cool, and so is Obi! :grats:
Ha ha, he he! DAncE whEn yoU're HAPpppy! He he he! DAnce, danCE, DANCe!
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's

Post by KorrepZ »

R.I.P. Obi :(

I lost my Valentini to a stupid attempt to put him together with my Ceylon puffer Snips in one marine tank. After opening a topic if it was possible and hearing good things about keeping the 2 different puffers together I went ahead and tried it. Within 2 hours Snips started to attack Obi and bite him. Even tho I altered the decoration in the tank from brackish mangrove to marine reef I think Snips still noticed it was his tank and his turf. I had to come between the two but think Obi didn't recover from the stress of being caught twice in one day and with an attack/harrass by Snips in between. Two days after this all happened he went to the eternal puffer fields :rip:

Blame myself.... If I just did not try to combine two marine tanks (I wanted to get rid of one) Obi would still be alive.... He was such a cool puffer :badboy:

As some of you know Obi was already Obi-2 as Obi-1 jumped out of my tank at night and i found him the next morning all dried up. Loosing a second valentini has discouraged me so much I wont be replacing Obi a second time. His tank will be dismantled and the valentini adventure ends here.... :missyou:
Master Yoda the Fahaka and Manny the Mantis Shrimp! - R.I.P R2 & 3PO (F8), Luke (dwarf), Snips (Ceylon) and Obi 1-3 (Valentini)

xrayjeeper83
Mbu Puffer
My Puffers: Fahaka named Bloat
Abei named Huey
GSP named Bacon

Re: RIP: Obi the Valentini

Post by xrayjeeper83 »

awww sorry for your lose.

Dont give up for ever on them. Take a break try again later
RTR wrote:Fahakas do not have tank mates, they may have swimming food reserves.
KorrepZ
Green Spotted Puffer
1 Fahaka
1 Ceylon
1 Valentini
1 Dwarf
1 Mantis Shrimp
R.I.P. 2 F8's

Post by KorrepZ »

Well there has been an Obi Tree Kenobi for a while now. I took the tank to work and set it up on my desk. Doin very good atm.

I borrowed a waterproof sportscam for a friend and made an underwatermovie! Im sorry for the focus, its a sportscam and should be used for far away views from the sporters perception, not in a small tank! Still a cool vid tho ;)

LINK!

Blaine

Post by Blaine »

Sorry to hear of your loss...more than one of us has lost a fish to an open top. I lost my first ornate bichir to an open top. I now have glass lids and styrofoam covering the gaps on all my tanks.

Very cute lil puffer.
blackghostknife
Green Spotted Puffer
Location (country): United States

Post by blackghostknife »

cute
The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang the best. Use the talents you possess.

Pufferpunk's biggest fan!!!